This book introduces the latest processing technologies for a variety of materials in advanced manufacturing and applications. Design criteria and considerations of processing or devices are theoretically introduced, and numerical simulation and experimental study are included.
- Covers a variety of materials, including hard materials, soft materials, metals, and composites
- Describes nanotechnology approaches, modern piezoelectric techniques, and physical and mechanical studies of the structure-sensitive properties of the materials
- Reviews advanced manufacturing for antenna applications and embroidered RFID tags for wearable applications
- Considers additive manufacturing of cellular solids and metal additive manufacturing
- Discusses advanced materials for sound absorption
Aimed at engineers, researchers, and advanced students in materials processing and advanced manufacturing, this work helps readers to understand which processing technology is suitable for a specific material and the design rules for a particular application.